Bathed to the west and south by the Pacific Ocean, to the east by the Caribbean Sea and, to the north, by the Gulf of Mexico, Central America holds many treasures which all those who love nature and ancient civilisations will delight in exploring. Thanks to your boar rental in Central America, discover all the historic and cultural treasures of this part of the world.
Many dream destinations in Central America
From the south of Mexico to the Gulf of Uraba in Colombia, Central America promises you a journey rich in new discoveries. During a cruise around this region of the planet, you will be able to drop anchor in some amazing destinations. Central America shelters no fewer than 7 countries:
● Belize, with its capital Belmopan;
● Costa Rica, the capital of which is San José;
● Guatemala, with its capital the city of Guatemala;
● Honduras and its capital Tegucigalpa;
● El Salvador, with its capital San Salvador;
● Nicaragua, the capital of which is Managua;
● Panama, with its capital the city of Panama;
Apart from the diversity of its population, combining African, Amerindian and Spanish cultures, you will be amazed by the magnificent landscapes and the sites with a rich history in this part of the American continent.
Note: as a tropical region, Central America has two seasons: a dry season, from December to April, and a wet season, from May to November.
Make your way to the large expanses of white sand and other magnificent bathing sites
Renting a boat in Central America, means, firstly, treating yourself to a stunning panoramic view over some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. During your journey, be sure to pay a visit to Corn Island, located in the Caribbean Sea a few dozen kilometres off the Atlantic coast of Nicaragua. White sand, turquoise water, palm trees, an abundance of fruit trees, this region also has virgin forests and magical sites where you can enjoy some scuba diving. Also, explore one of the largest coral reefs in the world off the coast of Belize, a country renowned for its many nature parks, as well as Conchal beach, not far from the small village of Brasilito in Costa Rica, which offers an astonishing combination of fine sand and expanses of seashells and pebbles.
There is also a profusion of lakes and waterfalls in the centre of the American continent. From Lake Atitlán, of volcanic origin, in south-western Guatemala, to the Quebrado river and its famous waterfall among the vast pineapple plantations in Nuevo Emperador in Panama, not to mention Lake Yojoa in the centre of Honduras, ideal for savouring fresh face and admiring a magnificent view, there is never a shortage of little pieces of paradise. Maybe after dropping anchor in Costa Rica, you will also be take the time to admire the no less spectacular Celeste de Bijagua river in the Volcán Tenorio National Park famous for its turquoise blue water,
Good to know: a pioneer in the field of environmental protection, Central America is home to about one tenth of the world’s biodiversity.
Central America, a continent with a rich past
The heart of the American continent also means a very rich historic heritage. A boat rental in Central America will open the way to a multitude of sites that will amaze you. For example, the ruins of Tika, the largest Mayan city in Guatemala located in the densest zone of the tropical forest that will delight archaeology and nature lovers, as well as Antigua in Guatemala, a UNESCO World Heritage site where you will find a luxuriant tropical landscape and typical Baroque colonial architecture.
Good to know:
Located between the Equator and the Tropic of Cancer, Central America has a variable climate that does not depend on the latitude but on the altitude. Three main climatic zones can be distinguished:
● The terra fría, or cold land, which ranges from an altitude of 1,800 to 3,000 m, where temperatures vary between an annual average of 12 and 18 °C.
● The tierra templada, or temperate land, that is located at an altitude of 900 to 1,800 m, where the average annual temperatures vary between 18 and 24 °C, sometimes even more.
● The tierra caliente, or hot land, which rises up to 900 m above sea level, where the average annual temperature is about 24 °C, and sometimes more..
There are still so many things to discover in this beautiful and vast region of the world! Whether from Belize, Mexico or Panama, your Central American boat rental with Coolsailing will allow you to create a customised circuit and will guarantee you access to the most amazing sites in this continent which you can explore to your heart’s content.
Highlights of Central America:
- A variable climate that suits many visitors.
- Outstanding colonial cities.
- A beach and underwater paradise.
- Protected nature and breathtaking untouched landscapes
- An abundant flora and fauna