Destination Greece: welcome to the kingdom of sailing
Discover the grounds of mythology
Thousands of kilometers of coasts, hundreds of islands, and the Aegean and Ionian Sea beyond the horizon: boat hire in Greece assures you cruises in a magnificent scenery.
Athens and the Peloponnese, a journey throughout the history
A must-stop is Athens, a perfect starting point for your boat hire in Greece. Facing Athens, the Peloponnese peninsula awaits you. Discover a splendid landscape on your way to the cities of Nafpoli, Corinth and Kalamata. Drop the anchor on the most beautiful beaches, sail to the most hidden bays and get to know the local culture in the small towns all along the Peloponnese coastline.
The Cyclades, the heavenly archipelago
Paros, Naxos, Mykonos, Andros, Ios, Milos and Sifnos are only several of the numerous islands of the Cyclades, which you will discover on board of your boat hire in Greece.
Let the summer wind Meltem guide you to those unique islands full of culture, history and beauty.
Do you want to party, go on a hiking trip in a varied and rugged landscape, make a nap on a sunny beach or buy some souvenirs in the white-walled streets of Santorini?
The Cyclades provide endless possibilities of activities.
And don’t worry about your physical well-being, on each island you will find traditionally prepared dishes with a slight oriental influence that will delight your palate.
Good to know: The Meltem wind blows from the north and appears from June to September with even more strength from July to August. Check the weather forecast before hoisting the anchor.
The Sporades, the islands of inner freedom
Greece is known for its fantastic landscapes, and gentle weather but also for its beauty and the easy going way of life. For a cruise far away from the mass tourism flows steer a course for the archipelago of the Sporades. Skiathos, Skópelos, Alonissos and Skyros are the four inhabited islands of the eleven in the archipelago. Skyros is the perfect destination for a lazy day. Cozy beaches and a vivacious nightlife will permit you to relax effortlessly.
Skópelos will astonish you with its beaches surrounded by wide pine forests, which are the most beautiful beaches of the whole country.
On board of your boat hire in Greece, you can even sail far-off from the shore and drop the anchor in the open sea to dive all the way down to the seabed. To discover the whole beauty of Skyros, visit first the north of the island, and its abounding nature and then the south where is only the desert. Both areas in a large contrast one to each other.
The Dodecanese, the archipelago of many shades
Even if « Dodecanese » means « twelve islands » the most southern archipelago of Greece, counts more than 160 islands. Leros, Nissiros, Rhodes, Symi an Tilos are only a few of the islands of this melting pot of ancient cultures which represent therefore a big interest. The agora, authentic stone houses, villas covered in mosaics and caves existing since the Neolithic period will impress every history lover.
For your sailing pleasure the Greek coastline is covered with little bays with white-sand beaches and mountain views.
The 5 must see spots on board of your boat hire in Greece:
- Volos: This city in the Pagasetic Gulf, at the bottom of mount Pelion, is the perfect starting point for a cruise in the Sporades islands. The city itself is famous for its Tsipouro, an alcohol made from the marc of grapes which is best tasting in one of the restaurants in the center of the city.
- Athens: The capital of Greece is impossible to forget. The Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Agora and the Temple of Olympian Zeus, these astonishing monuments will guide you into the ancient history of Greece.
-Santorini: The most famous and most photographed island of the Cyclades. This island is a blue and white gem in the Aegean Sea. Its gigantic cliffs, the hidden villages and the classic alleyways will stay in your memory forever.
- Rhodes: The largest of the Dodecanese islands is sunny all summer and provides a flourishing nature. In the south you can find plenty of pictorial tiny villages where it’ll be easy to lash.
- Paxos: The island of Paxos is covered in olive trees and offers you amazing beaches and crystal-clear water, little bays where you can drop easily the anchor and have peace and privacy or little harbors where you can indulge yourself with the local food. Paxos is the perfect stop to forget the hectic of your daily routine.
Prepare yourself to be astonished by the variety of landscapes and the perfect navigation conditions in Greece. And you’ll be convinced that everything was made by the ancient Greek gods.
3 points to remember in Greece:
- To discover as much as possible of the coasts and archipelagos you can make a custom made itinerary.
- Beaches, history and gastronomy: Greece is made for everyone
- Due to its gentle weather you can navigate easily from autumn to spring