Destination Italy: discover la Dolce Vita
Head directly to your happiness
Due to its perfect location between the Mediterranean and the Adriatic Sea, Italy provides you endless opportunities for sea excursions. Discover 7500 km of coastline with your boat hire in Italy and prepare yourself for a tantalizing gastronomy and enchanting landscapes.
The Mediterranean Sea in all its glory
From north to south, the west coast of Italy represents a multi-faceted and typically Mediterranean beauty. Create a custom-made cruise to explore the small colorful harbors of Italy lying between the green mountains and the Azur blue sea.
Head southerly and you’ll find the bay of Naples and in the background: the impressive Mount Vesuvius. With your catamaran, yacht or sailingboat go ahead and make an excursion to Capri, the perfect island for lovers.
After, the Gulf of Surrento will welcome you with its astonishing nature. Explore the Amalfi coast, the most beautiful coast of Italy, and its hidden villages, lemon trees and fields of Bougainvillea: You’ll get the best view from the boat, it would be a shame to miss this experience!
During your cruise on the west coast of Italy, the numerous monuments will guide you through the history from the antiquity to the renaissance.
The Adriatic Coast, the hidden face of Italy
Uncommonly known, the west coast of the country is nevertheless as beautiful as the rest of Italy. Are you looking for traditional cities ? A boat hire in Italy gives you the opportunity to have a look on the most gorgeous treasures: Cesenatico and its harbor, designed by Leonardo DaVinci himself, the fort of Ancona or Polignano a Mare, a city built on chalk cliffs.
You can also make a round trip ashore and visit San Marino, Urbino, Ravenna or San Leo incarnations of the Adriatic flair. Don’t miss to explore the mystical city of Venice, its legendary canals and of course the St Mark’s Square.
Good to know: If you want to visit Venice by boat, please respect that no sailingboat is allowed to enter the Canal Grande of Venice and Morano.
Italy and its islands
Sardinia, Sicily and the island of Elba are the three main islands of Italy and each has its proper identity which is best discovered by boat. With a boat hire in Italy you will go on an adventure on the azure sea around Sardinia. Little bays and idyllic beaches will give you the perfect holiday feeling. Sicily offers you a large choice of local fruits and vegetables, pizzas, pasta and fresh fish offered by almost every restaurant. The cozy island of Elba will enchant nature lovers with its verdant forest.
The 5 stops you will discover while your boat hire in Italy
• The Cinque Terre: Monterosso al Mare, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola and Riomaggiore are the five Ligurie villages, every village is on a cliff and it’s must to be seen by boat before going ashore.
• Positano: According to the legend, the god of the seas, Neptune, has created this gem of the Amalfi Coast himself: sunny beaches, little restaurants and cliffside houses, this city is the incarnation of “Dolce Vita”.
• Cefalu: On the impressive « Rocca » a big red rock, is the little harbor city of Cefalu where you can dive into the azure sea or visit the byzantine cathedral.
• Stintino: This tiny fisher-village in Sardinia has its proper charm and is really close to the Spiaggia della Pelosa, a long white sand beach with turquoise water.
• Rimini: This seaside resort of the Adriatic is very famous for its beaches and nightlife. It has many other assets to share such as its Roman amphitheater, the palace of Arengo or the Arch of Triumph of Augustus.
With its varied landscapes and cultural richness, Italy is a country where you never get bored. Short stay or long-distance cruise, you are sure to navigate from treasure to treasure.
3 points to remember on a cruise to Italy:
- Between the Mediterranean and the Adriatic Sea, the Italian costline is versatile and full of surprises
- The proximity between France and Italy makes it the perfect destination for short cruises.
- Gastronomy, history and heavenly beaches: Italy is the ideal place for a romantic getaway.