Destination: West Indies - Caribbean
Destination West Indies – Caribbean: set sail for paradise
Turquoise water as far as the eye can see
With their limpid waters, immaculate beaches lined with coconut trees and their wild and verdant natural environment, the West Indies have everything of a picture postcard. Aboard your West Indies Caribbean boat rental, see the full beauty of these islands scattered in the Caribbean Sea for yourself.
Martinique and Guadeloupe, the beautiful Creoles
These two French islands are major destinations in the Caribbean. Fine sand beaches, such as at Salines or Le Moule, and turquoise waters will be on the programme whether on the interior coast or the Atlantic coast. On dry land, the friendly atmosphere and the local food will be a pleasure at each stopover. And, do not forget the magnificent natural environment of these two islands. Mount Pelée and its lush forest in Martinique for those who enjoy hiking and the Petite-Terre nature reserve with its waters filled with a varied and protected ecosystem for snorkelling enthusiasts, you will be dazzled.
The Caribbean, tranquil sailing
With its multitude of islands, the Caribbean is the perfect destination for sailing from paradisiac island to small coves where you can drop anchor in complete peace of mind. Thanks to your West Indies Caribbean boat rental, you will very quickly realise how much the translucent waters of this destination are a privileged sailing area scattered with stopovers that are each more delightful than the last. Saint Lucia and its magnificent volcanic peaks, Saint-Martin and its unique atmosphere, a mixture of Creole, French and Dutch identities, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines and its white or black sand beaches: it is up to you find the route that will lead you from wonder to wonder aboard your boat rental in the Caribbean.
When you prepare your trip, do not forget the British, American and Spanish Virgin Islands. These three archipelagos lying to the north of the West Indies are very popular with celebrities who enjoy the low number of tourists and the peaceful and limpid waters in the region. Impossible to sail past the Bahamas, the essential Saint Barthélemy and the discreet islands of Antigua and Barbuda. You have understood, the Caribbean offers a multitude of opportunities for cruises during which the sun and magnificent landscapes will always be on the programme.
Cuba, the beautiful unknown
Since opening up to tourism, Cuba has never failed to dazzle sailors with its beauty. You too can discover this island with a West Indies Caribbean boat rental. Havana, Trinidad, Ciefuegos and its superb bay and Matanzas are all stopovers that will delight history and architecture enthusiasts. Some walks around their streets will allow you to immerse yourself in the local culture and take full advantage of the salsa music that sets the rhythm for the day. Of course, dream beaches will also be on the programme, such as Varadero or those found on the Cayo Coco islands.
Good to know: the cyclone season stretches from June to November, therefore it is not advised to sail in the West Indies - Caribbean during this period.
The five stopovers to discover with a West Indies - Caribbean boat rental:
- Saint-Pierre: Town nestling at the foot of Mount Pelée in Martinique, it will be a stopover of great authenticity and the departure point from some magnificent walks on the volcano’s slopes.
- Les Saintes: drop anchor near the Ilet à Cabrit or Bourg harbour for a clear view over the town and Fort Napoleon.
- Saint Vincent: to the south of Saint Lucia, this island is home to the Soufrière, a volcano that is still active. Its luxuriant vegetation also shelters many magnificent waterfalls such as the Falls of Baleine.
- La Havana: the capital of Cuba is a stopover with a very rich history. Let your instinct guide you around the streets lined with colourful colonial style houses. You will not be disappointed.
- Trinidad: Plaza Mayor and Palacio Cantero will tell you everything about the prosperous past of this town in southern Cuba.
The quintessential paradisiac setting, the West Indies and the Caribbean Sea reserve many cruises for you under a radiant sunny sky among the archipelagos of a natural and breathtaking beauty.
The three key points to remember for a cruise in the West Indies - Caribbean.
- This tropical zone is subject to cyclones. Therefore, plan your trip between December and May.
- The West Indies and Caribbean are packed with islands, therefore it is the ideal destination for sailing.
- Apart from the paradisiac beaches and turquoise waters, the Caribbean also has a well-preserved fauna and flora on dry land as well as at sea. Hiking, snorkelling or scuba diving will become an integral part of your daily programme.